During this time of such uncertainty, we want all of you who are a part of The Cradle’s Community – both near and far – to know how we’re responsibly adapting and responding.
Our work continues and I am so grateful for all the ways our staff, Board, volunteers and supporters are making it possible for us to continue providing services to those who need them.
The health and safety of infants in our care, as well as our employees, clients, volunteers and visitors is our top priority. With these priorities in mind, and based on the expert guidance that has been provided through numerous sources, the following examples are some of the steps which have been implemented:
1. Access to The Cradle’s facility is strictly limited to only those with an approved appointment who pass a series of screening questions. The outer doors to the building will remain locked at all times.
2. Whenever possible, employees will be working remotely and meetings will be held utilizing technology.
3. The 24/7 Nursery will remain operational, with extremely limited access and many other precautionary measures being implemented.
4. Some scheduled events and large meetings have already been cancelled, postponed, or adapted to other methods of communication. Consideration regarding plans for future events is underway and will be communicated in a timely manner.
5. Thorough sanitization measures have been implemented throughout the building, with specific attention to common areas.
6. A detailed COVID-19 Agency Action Plan has been developed and submitted to DCFS.
The Cradle’s team remains ready, willing and able to continue to serve those who need us during this unprecedented time. We are grateful for your support, especially in times like this. Please reach out with any questions.
On behalf of all of us at The Cradle, we wish you and your loved ones health and safety!